· From 26 to average 130 share memberships representing over 170 families including those with half shares
half year, to two seasons, to full year, and now many options for participating throughout the year
1 pick up location to 7 and counting (at the homes of members + a school)
· From all volunteer (even weekly drives to the farm) to staff of: (1) Manager, (2) Transportation (3) Set up assistance (4) occasional interns
and members still love to help with the chores.
volunteers who are not even members come regularly for weekly set up)
one vegetable farm with a few Biodynamic supplements to now working with an
array of biodynamic and organic producers
· average 70% renewal rate
of members volunteer
* In 2013, began packing shares into boxes in Bethesda thus reducing need for member volunteers at the other sites.
· Active online (yahoo) group for exchanging shares, recipes and news
· special orders for extra food
What is unique about this CSA?
· Biodynamic and Organic
· Beyond One Farm
· Year Round
. Consumer based and part of a values-based service-oriented community
Building Community based on trust, honesty,
love, compassion, understanding and care for each other as brothers and sisters